Friday, February 25, 2011

Quilt Guild Meetings

Lots went on last night at the quilt guild meeting.  Every meeting they have door drawings, a library we can check out sewing/craft related books, and snacks. Last night there was also a table where they were giving away craft books which covered topics from patchwork quilting to Family Circle's Weekend Crafts.  I looked at the books and chose two; one on patchwork quilting and one on handcrafted gifts and toys. All of the books looked interesting, but I didn't want to be greedy.

The quilt show is coming up next weekend, and the guild is raffling off a beautiful quilt called "Empire Beauty."  It looks like it has lots of appliqué in the border. I hope to win this quilt, but then, probably many others do also.  At the end of our meetings, we have "show and tell" where we get to show off our creations. There were several bunnies there from the class we had a couple of weeks ago; I brought two myself. Every one was different and they were all adorable.

After the bunnies, we showed our other creations. I had brought a little green turtle with a quilted shell. He was a big hit. Everyone encouraged me to enter it into the quilt show, which I intend to do. The entry form requires photos, so taking pictures will be on my agenda today.  After showing my turtle, I sat down.  Then suddenly, one of the ladies came up behind me and handed me a couple more of the giveaway books. I thanked her and returned my attention to the others who were showing their handiwork.  A couple of minutes later, the same lady came up behind me again with more books! Now the total rose to six books. All of them seem to be in new condition. I am now well stocked for craft books, at least for now. :)

Maybe next year I'll have a quilt to enter into the show.

No comments: