Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Quilted Delay

So, I rearranged things in my sewing room, to enable me to free-motion quilt the t-shirt quilt for my DDIL.  This is a bed-size quilt and will require a lot of room to enable me to quilt it on my machine.  Because I have several machines in cabinets, I decided to set one of the extras behind the machine I intend to use, which is a 1940 Singer 201-2 in a #42 cabinet. I got this machine on a whim, at an auction, intending to put my 1970s Kenmore in the cabinet. Fortunately, the Kenmore wouldn't fit. I say fortunately, because the 201 turned out to be a wonderful machine, a real workhorse and wonderful stitcher.


Setting the two cabinets together, one behind the other gave plenty of room spreading out the quilt for machine quilting it.  Only now, Gracie seems to have claimed the quilt, and she isn't going to give it up without a fight. I still have some practicing to do before I am brave enough to work on the actual quilt, so Gracie (Lily Grace) will have a little time to find a new perch before she gets evicted.

No comments: