Thursday, March 31, 2011

Future Quilt

Last year, I decided to make each of my grandchildren (five and counting) a quilt of their own. Four are done and I am still thinking about what to do for the fifth. I posted photos of these quilts on my facebook page. A friend of mine saw the photos and decided she had to had one too. This is the one she picked. What followed was a discussion about what type of quilting she wanted, and she chose to have it be tied instead of paying a long-arm machine quilter. Of course, I had to remind her that Butch the dog doesn't go with the quilt.

I also told her that she had to wait; I already had other quilts in the queue that needed to be finished before I could begin to work on hers. Well, those other quilts are finished now.

So while I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my new quilting machine, I went shopping. I decided to go ahead and get the fabric for Lyn's quilt, even though I won't be able to work on it for at least a week.  Why, you ask? I get to spend Spring Break with three of the grands!  Anyhow, this is what a future quilt looks like.

No comments: