Saturday, March 12, 2011

I Couldn't Help Myself

I blame DH. He's been surfing Craig's List for a long-arm quilting machine to go with the quilting frame we got a couple of weeks ago. The frame is long enough to handle a king sized quilt if I ever get that ambitious. Anyhow, while he was surfing, he ran across an old sewing machine that he knew I wanted, and showed me the listing. It didn't come with a cabinet or other attachments, but the decals are nice. I'm pretty sure the motor isn't the original, because it looks new. It does work fine, although I haven't sewn anything on it yet. The colors are dull because I haven't cleaned it up yet.

This is a machine that could either be a treadle or electric, and it shouldn't be hard to change between the two. According to the serial number, it was probably built in 1920, making it around 90 years old. I hope to look so good (and function so perfectly) when I'm ninety.



If you count the two sergers, my 'new' Singer makes 15 machines.  Does this mean I'm a sewing machine addict?

No comments: